Monday 12 December 2011

genkkidesuka Yoma san?


 I don’t think I have told you about Yoma yet. Yoma is a Japanese man who lives 30 minutes drive away from me. For over 10(?) years, he has invited all the ALTs who live out west over to his place for dinner every Sunday night for the small price of 500yen. And trust me, seeing his food, this is an extremely small price! His cooking is absolutely exceptional, each week will always consist of a bowl of rice, a bowl of miso soup, and then finish with a hot drink and chocolatey snacks. The main each week is a surprise but is always extremely delicious and well worth getting off my lazy butt at 6 on a Sunday and dragging myself over to his. I may struggle getting there, but as soon as I arrive I am always extremely glad I have. Not only the food on the night, but if there is food left over, he usually wraps it up and gives it to anyone who wants (yes I usually take some!) It is just an all round very nice evening, whether there is 20 ALTs or just 2, the conversation is always flowing, and the company is always friendly. The hardest part of the night?! Staying awake on the drive home after having a brilliant meal and a great chat.
A meal from one Sunday

An extremely tasty week!
 
Some of the ALTs that make it to Yoma's each week.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite an outing! Can't understand why the others weren't excited by the Sylvanian Families shop - I would have been.
    Nice trainers - very pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the others weren't excited because they hadn't heard of them!! =O

    ReplyDelete