Saturday 10 September 2011

I want to ride my bicycle......

Hey everyone, me again!

So after a very successful Saturday cleaning the apartment, doing washing, and spending a lot of money at the 100yen store, I decided to go for a little bike ride around my area. What can I say? It is amazing around here!!! =) not so rural that I will get lost straight away - there is always a main road to come back to, but rural enough that I can cycle for a good half hour around the fields and houses without seeing a car and only seeing a very few locals.

I am so lucky to be living in a place like this, and extra lucky to have a bike so I can go exploring. My favourite part of the bike ride was going past a small pond with koi carp in it! I wanted to take a photo, but a little old lady came and watched them with me. I very apologetically told her 'wakarimasen, igirisu gin desu'... which I hope means 'I don't understand, I am a 'stupid' english person'! which I believe she responded with a charade of her telling me not to fall off my bike.... weird.

Anyway, I will just share on this post some pictures of Tokushima whilst I'm out and about to give you a general idea of where I live. Enjoy!


***Update 24/09/11*** I almost fell off my bike today =( I was trying to put a can of drink in my basket without it spilling and ended up crashing into a barrier! Luckily it was there though, otherwise I would have dropped down a 10ft ditch into a stream. As it is I coasted along the barrier using my leg. No damage done but I'm glad no one was around to see!







One of the many shrines encountered on my bike ride



2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely - wish I could come on a bike ride with you! And your Japanese is so fluent already!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Shy' fish - maybe they were young (tee hee). Nice photos - are those paddies in the distance? Quite a change of culture - bike rides and 'interesting' food: I expect you will get super-fit. xx

    ReplyDelete