Friday 2 September 2011

Everyone meet Life, Honda Life!

Hey everyone!
So currently I am stuck inside watching, what might possibly be, the most rain I've seen in my life (and this is coming from someone who has lived in England for most of it!) so I thought I might cheer myself up by giving you a really brief update on the new thing in my life!
That's right, today I became the proud owner of a little Honda Life Kei car... (name suggestions more than welcome!)
I managed to get it this afternoon - meaning I could escape from school 3 hours early - and was able to drive back to my apartment in time to get a few essential chocolate supplies from the supermarket before the typhoon really started going. Trust me, if I went outside now, I would probably drown!

How I thought I would be able to go a year without driving I don't know. It was so nice to get behind the wheel again earlier, especially as my car is an automatic - so much easier, though it did take me a bit of time to stop trying to put my foot on the clutch everytime I stopped! (very unnatural!)

Anyway, meet my car!..... yay!

Just a few updates on the car!
1.. I still love it, especially the price of petrol! At home my car started to cost more than £40 to fill up. Here it takes about £20 (2sen)! Now I'm not entirely sure how far that gets me, but even if I have to fill up more often, I still feel like it costs less!
2.. Confused by the lights! Went out tonight and needed my lights on. However, there only seems to be two settings - the first crappy lights that you can't really see a thing with, or bloody full beam blinding everyone! Being British I was loathe to use this bright light - that is until I almost ran over two people in the street, then the full beam was on to stay!
3.. Last update - I was an idiot about the lights. I had accidentally pulled the lever which put the full beam on. After much miming at the garage (much to the man's confusion) I finally worked out what I had done and hastily retreated home to wallow in my shame.










6 comments:

  1. Cute! And your own personal parking space?? Automatics are good, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup own parking space right outside. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. So when someone in Japan tells you contemptuously to get a life, you can simply go out and buy a car. Question: does the boot have enough space for parental luggage? As for the typhoon - very useful for cleaning cars that might otherwise never get washed. Nice little motor. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm that's debatable about boot size.. but there's lots of room in the back seat so we shall be fine! Hope my car's still there - it was very wet and windy last night, and it's still going today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just had hurricane Irene bang through MA. I feel your pain. 24 hours, no power. Nice wheels though, automatics are the future (or the present).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah at least my power didn't go out! That would have been a nightmare. It is nice driving here apart from the fact that the speed limit is usually always 50kph - about 30mph. It takes forever to drive anywhere!

    ReplyDelete