Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween!

What a brilliant Halloween! Well what can you expect when you get a group of JETs from all over the world dressed up and squeezed into a few apartments with drinks all round?! Honestly one of the best Halloweens I’ve ever had. Ok, when I first turned up and got a few ‘kawaiis’ for my costume, I was a bit miffed. My costume was not supposed to be cute but freaky! Ah well, I soon adapted to this new ‘creepy kawaii’ look and had a wicked time not only pre-drinking at the Naruto apartments, but also after heading into town to Ingrid’s Halloween party. I am a little ashamed to admit it, but the combination of a group of gaijin dressed up, plus a little alcohol in the system; I had a rather good time stumbling around the city trying to freak the locals out. I think it was a success, though not in the way I wanted – they were freaked out but not by my costume but by the very drunk gaijin that happened to be strolling in their direction. Ah well, I had a good time. To top the night off there was a competition at Ingrid’s for the different types of costumes at the party. I am happy to say that I won the prize for scariest outfit! (Hooray, the kawaii look had gone apparently) so very happy with that. All in all it was an awesome night and I look forward to doing it all again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment